The Perot Theatre is Texarkana’s performing arts jewel.
The beautifully restored Perot Theatre, located in downtown Texarkana at 3rd and Main St, has been a landmark since 1924 when it opened its’ doors as the Saenger Amusement Company’s “Gateway to the Southwest” theatre.
Fully restored by the City of Texarkana, TX in 1979-80, the building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Texarkana natives, H. Ross Perot and his sister Bette, through the Perot Foundation, contributed much of the restoration costs in memory of his parents, Mr. & Mrs. Gabriel Ross Perot.
In recognition of this contribution, the Texarkana, TX City Council renamed the building – The Perot Theatre. The theatre annually hosts the Perot Theatre Series, as well as numerous rentals throughout the year. The Perot Theatre is owned by the City of Texarkana, TX and the Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council is contracted to program and manage the theatre.