Hey, it’s Cyber Monday again, you bargain-hunting dog you! So get on-line and shop like a hound. Make sure you get some goodies for the pets to tear into Christmas morning too. Unless of course, you are already finished with your holiday shopping. Some people have it wrapped before October. Never got that. Always felt the real spirit of the season when I was out and about on Christmas Eve, battling for a coveted spot at the mall (remember those?) and only having the slightest inkling of what I intend to buy and for whom. Ahhh, the frenzied humanity, the traffic, the pressure! Fa-la-la-la-la! That’s the stuff of which merriment is made! Man, that eggnog is gonna taste good to-night.
But, if you’d rather grab a big bag of Cheetos, settle-in behind your computer and reach those electronic tentacles into the inner machinations of cyber-commerce, then here are a few tips from people who claim to know better than I…
1. Shop early. If there’s something specific you want, best get after it, now! The most popular products with the best deals could sell out early in the day.
2. Set a budget. Don’t get tempted and spend more than you planned to. Naw, not you. Never going to happen, right?
3. Compare prices. Click on the first price that pops-up in your browser might get ya the shaft. If you’re like me, you may have accidentally ordered a shaft or twelve in the past. I have no idea what they are for.
4. Opt for in-store pick-up. They say it’s safer to pick gifts up at the store…no worries they’ll be lost in shipping or porch-pirated.
5. Be careful about scams. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Like your Momma said. Now go order her a nice new robe.