Expecting guests for the holidays means tidying up a bit for most folks. Even the extreme neat-freak will probably find a few areas that need attention. If you are a total slob, well, your work is cut out for you, lest your visitors find your domicile a vile den inhabited by a filthy cretin. Nawwww, Aunt Becky wouldn’t think THAT, would she? You really wanna take that chance? I bet not. So grab the Clorox and clean out that litter box, and avoid that look on their face that says “Ewww!”
Someone with far more time on their hands than I polled people to find the messy spots we’re most likely to judge people for not cleaning. Here are the top ten . . .
1. A dirty toilet. So if you only clean one thing, make it the commode.
2. If your kitchen is a total disaster.
3. A trashcan or recycling bin that’s overflowing.
4. Bathrooms that are dirty in general.
5. A gross shower or bathtub.
6. General clutter.
7. Sticky floors.
8. Other surfaces that are gross, like tables and countertops.
9. Dirty dishes in the sink.
10. A general pet smell in your home.