Bam! Just like that there are only two months left in the year. 61 days until 2022 arrives, only 24 days until Thanksgiving. If you’re creating the big feast this year, best start hunting up your ingredients, and maybe apply for a small loan to help defray the cost of a fat bird and a few cans of cranberry sauce. Might be easier to find fresh cranberries and make your own, since they say a steel shortage is making the canned variety hard to come by. We plan to be camping the whole turkey-day weekend, so we’ll have our scaled-down holiday meal lakeside, with a pair of cornish hens substituting for a big ol’ Butterball.
The holidays are great, but the cooler, crisp weather, clear skies, crackling fires and hot cider make this month a winner already. Please tell me it won’t be long before the mosquitoes and flies finally scram!
Here are a few other things to look forward to this month:
1. Got some money burning a hole in your pocket? Black Friday is November 26th . . . Cyber Monday is the 29th . . . and the 30th is Giving Tuesday.
2. In movies: “Finch” with Tom Hanks hits Apple TV this Friday . . . “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” with Paul Rudd arrives November 19th . . . “South Park: Post Covid” hits Paramount-Plus on the 25th . . . and Peter Jackson’s big “Beatles: Get Back” documentary premieres the same day on Disney-Plus.
3. Most of the big fall TV shows are already back, but also: The new “Judge Judy” spinoff “Judy Justice” premieres today . . . “Big Mouth” returns to Netflix on Friday . . . “Dexter: New Blood” hits Showtime this Sunday . . . “Riverdale” returns on the 16th . . . “Tiger King 2” hits Netflix on the 17th . . . and the new Marvel series “Hawkeye” arrives on Disney-Plus November 24th.
4. If you’re into awards shows: The CMA Awards are November 10th . . . the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony airs November 20th . . . the American Music Awards are the 21st . . . and the Grammy nominees come out on the 23rd.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big ones are Veterans Day on the 11th and Thanksgiving on the 25th. But here are a few more: This Wednesday is National Sandwich Day . . . Thursday is Diwali . . . Saturday is National Nachos Day . . . the 13th is World Kindness Day . . . and the 23rd is National Espresso Day.